Newry

The township of Newry was first established in 1868 and grew to be the centre of one of the most fertile farming areas in the district. The town is served by a well-known hotel, shop and post office. Today Newry serves as a dormitory village for the district workers and retirees. The Newry Golf Club established in 1948, and the Newry Motocross Track are well known Gippsland features.

See & Do