The Regent Theatre is situated in the centre of Yarram. It is a large imposing structure on the town’s skyline. The theatre and its two shops were built by Mr.& Mrs. A.J. Thompson, local publican and property developers. The project was the last purpose-built “picture palace” of its era constructed in the Gippsland region. The Regent Theatre was built as a multi-purpose venue in 1930 and is still ideally suited to a wide range of uses. The Theatre has a seating capacity of up to 700 people with 320 in the dress circle and the remainder in the stalls.